livestream

Watch live streaming video from globalrevolution at livestream.com

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I can't help my local community

Why I can't help my local community?  I've worked hard most of my life.  I've earned and paid for several degrees.  I've served in the military.  I've worked in the private sector.  I'm not splurging on anything.  I've worked anywhere from 12-16 hours a day for most of the last 30 years.

However, doing all that I can't support my local community in so many ways because the rules are against it.  My  money has lower and lower value.  I make less.  I still have to pay for my home and food.  Which food and gas along with everything else continue to go up.  All at the same time my pay doesn't go up in comparison. I don't have the money or extra time to ride all over town getting things from the small business at a much higher price then local mega-stores.  I can't go to a local pharmacist because my insurance will not pay them.  I can't go to a small medical practice because again my insurance will not cover me there either.

So it is not that I don't want to support my local business since they are friends, family and neighbors but it lands up being I can't afford too.  Until we make changes to a corporate and political system that is broke and telling us what we need, and how to live, I can't help.   Unless I want to lose my home stop feeding my family etc.  None of us want that but the only way to fix this is fight back.  It is not going to get better unless we do!     

No comments: